The following documents offer a more in-depth look at COINAtlantic's conceptual framework and ongoing development.
The following documents report on the outcomes of COINAtlantic User Needs meetings. They provide the basis for the COINAtlantic development. A background paper entitled "COINAtlantic: Framework for Identifying and Developing Use Cases for Integrated Coastal and Ocean Management" was written for these meetings.
- Report on User Needs Meeting #1 - Halifax, Nova Scotia, March 28th, 2008
- Report on User Needs Meeting #3 - Fredericton, New Brunswick, September 24th, 2008
The following documents discuss the idea of establishing COINs in other parts of the world.
- COINAtlantic Aquaculture Use Case
- COINAtlantic Business Plan 2009
- Discussion Document: Development of a National Strategy
- Organizing Internet Visibility on the Internet Through COINAtlantic
- Found in the Proceedings of the 9th BoFEP Bay of Fundy Science Workshop on pages 56-60. Authors: Paul Boudreau, Andrew Sherin and Alexi Westcott. 2011.
- Meeting the "Billion URL Challenge" of the Coastal Manager. Authors: Andrew Sherin, Paul Boudreau and Alexi Westcott. 2011.