The following is a listing of regional, national and international conferences, seminars, courses and other events of relevance to integrated coastal and ocean management (ICOM). Please click on the name of the event for further details, including a link to the event website. To post an event, please email the ACZISC Secretariat with the details.
Hyperlinks to non-ACZISC websites and events do not imply any official endorsement of or responsibility for the opinions, ideas, data or products presented at these locations, or guarantee the validity of the information provided. The sole purpose of links to non-ACZISC websites is to indicate information available on events and topics related to ICOM.
Choose a month of interest here, or browse the list of events below:
LIST OF EVENTS:
- 01 September 2016: TBTI webinar, "Diverse values, wellbeing, and the governance of small-scale fisheries," by Derek Johnson, Julien Idrobo, and Svein Jentoft, at 1PM EDT.
- 01-10 September 2016: IUCN World Conservation Congress, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
- 04-07 September 2016: ECSA 56 - Coastal systems in transition: From a 'natural' to an 'anthropogenically-modified' state, Bremen, Germany.
- 05-08 September 2016: 17th Biennial Challenger Society for Marine Sciences conference "Oceans and Climate" Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- 05-16 September 2016: The Big Data and Analytics Summer School, Colchester, UK.
- 08 September 2016: NOAA webinar "The Wealth of Ecosystems: Measuring Natural Capital Asset Prices" at 10AM EST.
- 08-09 September 2016:
- Webcast of the 23rd Regular Session of the CEC Council and the public forum of the CEC Joint Public Advisory Committee.
- The Rescue of Data At Risk Workshop, Boulder, Colorado, USA, in association with International Data Week.
- 11-17 September 2016: International Data Week: From Big Data to Open Data: Mobilising the Data Revolution, Denver, Colorado, USA.
- 11-13 September 2016: SciDataCon 2016 "Advancing the Frontiers of Data in Research", Denver, Colorado, USA.
- 12 September 2016: 1st International Workshop on Semantic Change and Evolving Semantics (SuCCeSS'16), Leipzig, Germany. 8 July 2016 is the extended deadline for submitting papers and posters.
- 12-14 September 2016: 2016 Liveable Cities Forum: Changing Climate Changing Communities, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- 12-15 September 2016: 12th International Conference on Semantic Systems: SEMANTiCS 2016.
- 12-16 September 2016:
- 8th International Conference on Scour and Erosion, Oxford, United Kingdom.
- 41st CIESM Congress, Kiel, Germany.
- 14-15 September 2016: 2nd European Dredging Summit: Identifying Project Opportunities, Improving Dredging Practices and Complying with Legislation, Hamburg, Germany.
- 16 September 2016: ACT 4 Global Change Youth Conference, Lake Aylesford, Nova Scotia.
- 17 September 2016: Rogues Boat Trip and Paddle, NSNT Connecting with Nature 2016 Event Series.
- 17-24 September 2016: National Estuaries Week, United States.
- 19-22 September 2016: 13th International Symposium on River Sedimentation, Stuttgart, Germany.
- 19-23 September 2016: ICES Annual Science Conference 2016, Riga, Latvia.
- 20 September 2016: EBM Tools Network and MEAM Webinar "Decision-support tool for coastal area management based on results of the Sea Level Affecting Marshes Model" (SLAMM) at 1PM EDT.
- 20-23 September 2016: 5th International Conference on Emerging Contaminants and Micropollutants in the Environment, Sydney, Australia.
- 21 September 2016, 2PM EST: Distinguished Geospatial Speaker Series: Ethics in GIS Education and Professional Practice Webinar by The Kentucky Association of Mapping Professionals, National Geospatial Technology Center of Excellence and Directions Magazine.
- 21-22 September 2016:
- COINAtlantic / ACZISC Meeting #78, St. John's, Newfoundland.
- 2016 International Conference on Sustainable Development, New York City, USA.
- 23-25 September 2016: State of the Map 2016, Brussels, Belgium.
- 25-30 September 2016: International Aquarium Congress, Vancouver, British Columbia.
- 26 September 2016: Geomatics Atlantic, Dartmouth, Nova Sotia, Canada.
- 26-27 September 2016: MEOPAR 2016 Annual Scientific Meeting, Ottawa, Ontario.
- 27 September 2016:
- MEDCOAST Institute 2016, 11th International Training Workshop “IMP & MSP in the Mediterranean & the Black Sea”, Dalyan, Turkey.
- "Challenges and opportunities of marine protected areas in the Mediterranean" webinar by Giuseppe di Carlo of WWF at 3PM CEST. - NEW
- 27-28 September 2016: UNIHAK 2015, II Cross border congress on climate and coastal change, Irun, Spain.
- 27-30 September 2016:
- 28 September 2016: "2nd Forum of Marine Protected Areas in the Mediterranean, Towards 2020 and Beyond" webinar by Pierre Vignes of MedPAN at 3PM CEST. - NEW
- 28-29 September 2016: Crowds & Climate, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
- 29 September 2016:
- Webinar "Roadmap for a Comprehensive Coherent Network of Well-Managed MPAs to Achieve Aichi Target 11 in the Mediterranean" by Souha El Asmi at 10AM ADT. - NEW
- Eunomia conference "Measures to Prevent Marine Plastics – A Call for Action" at 4PM. Brussels, United Kingdom. - NEW
- Centre for Ocean Ventures and Entrepreneurship (COVE) tour with Jim Hanlon and Sheila Paterson. Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. - NEW
- 30 September- 1 October 2016: Sustainable Oceans 2016 "Into the Blue: The Body Connecting Us All", Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 01 October 2016: Boston Harbor Educators Conference, Celebrating Boston Harbor: Lighting the way forward, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- 03 October 2016: Too Big To Ignore (TBTI) webinar ‘Inter-sectoral governance of inland SSF’ at 8 AM EDT. - NEW
- 3-6 October 2016: iPRES: 13th International Conference on Digitial Preservation, Bern, Switzerland.
- 04 October 2016:
- COINAtlantic meeting #78: Climate Change Forum. St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. - NEW
- NOAA webinar "Ocean Highlights from the IUCN World Conservation Congress" by Lauren Wenzel, Carl Gustaf Lundin, and Dan Laffoley at 1PM EDT. - NEW
- NOAA National MPA Center, MPA News, and the EBM Tools Network Webinar "Ocean Highlights from the IUCN World Conservation Congress" by Lauren Wenzel, Carl Gustaf Lundin, and Dan Laffoley 1 PM EDT.
- 04-05 October 2016: Ocean Innovation 2016, Iqaluit, Nunavut, Canada.
- 05 October 2016: Letters of intent are due to the Gulf Research Program & Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. $10 million in funding is available in research and practice grants to keep our coastal communities healthy and thriving. - NEW
- 06 October 2016:
- 9th Annual Ransom A. Myers Lecture on Science & Society, "Plastics in our oceans: can we come together to solve this problem?". Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. - NEW
- Coastal Matters Speaker Series "DFO Management of Aquaculture in NL" by Chris Hendy. Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada. - NEW
- 04-07 October 2016: European Marine Science Educators Association Conference 2016, European Marine Science Educators Association, Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- 07 October 2016: BIO Coffee Talk "The response of coastal microbial communities to oil and dispersant in the Gulf of Mexico" by Alice Ortman. Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. - NEW
- 09-14 October 2016: Physics of Estuaries and Coastal Seas 2016 Conference, the Netherlands.
- 11-13 October 2016: International Conference on Marine Data and Information Systems, Gdansk, Poland.
- 12-13 October 2016: newleef, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
- 14 October 2016:
- 18 October 2016:
- LP hosted webinar "Filling the socio-cultural evidence gap: An approach for including socio-cultural values in marine planning" at 10AM EDT. - NEW
- EBM Tools Network and MEAM Webinar "Characterizing the lobster fishery for future use in ocean planning" at 1PM EDT. - NEW
- 19 October 2016: Atlantic Salmon Conservation Foundation and the Canadian Rivers Institute webinar "Decision Support Tools for Prioritizing Barriers to Aquatic Connectivity" by Erik Martin at 10AM AST. - NEW
- 20 October 2016: Coastal Matters Speaker Series "The Failure of International Law to Protect Pacific Coast Salmon: Lessons For Marine Policy on the East Coast" by Mason Goulden. Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada. - NEW
- 24-26 October 2016: Arctic Technology Conference, St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
- 24-27 October 2016: Littoral 2016 "The Changing Littoral: Anticipation and Adaptation to Climate Change." Field trips to follow on 28 and 29 October. France.
- 25 October 2016:
- EBM Tools Network and MEAM Webinar "Demonstration of the DigitalGlobe InsightExplorer Marine Mapping Program and its IUU Fishing Applications" by Alyson Kauffman and Vipul Prasad at 1PM EDT.
- 25-29 October 2016: Littoral 2016 "The changing littoral. Anticipation and adaptation to climate change", Biarritz, France.
- 26 October 2016:
- Oceana Canada’s Science Symposium, Rebuilding Abundance: Restoring Canada’s Fisheries for Long-Term Prosperity, Ottawa, Ontario.
- Bioport Atlantic, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Oceana Canada’s Science Symposium, Rebuilding Abundance: Restoring Canada’s Fisheries for Long-Term Prosperity, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 28 October 2016: BIO Coffee Talk CDOGS Highlights #2 by Justine McMillan, Myriam Lacharite, and Anne Lombardi. Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. - NEW
- 31 October - 2 November 2016: ICOPMAS 2016, 12th International Conferenceon Coasts, Ports and Marine Structures, Tehran, Iran.
- 02-04 November 2016: International Coral Reef Initiative: General Assembly, Paris, France.
- 03 November 2016:
- Coastal Matters Speaker Series "Deep-marine Mineral Resources and the Inevitable: Future of Seafloor Mining" by John Jamieson. Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada. - NEW
- Spirit of Place, Nova Scotia Nature Trust 19th Annual Dinner and Auction, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 03-04 November 2016: 2016 Ocean Literacy Summit, Portland, Maine.
- 04-06 November 2016: BIT’s 5th Annual World Congress of Ocean-2016, Qingdao, China.
- 07-09 November 2016: Hazus User Conference, Achieving Disaster Resilience through Hazus Innovation, Charleston, South Carolina, USA.
- 07-10 November 2016: North Sea Open Science Conference, Oostende, Belgium.
- 07-11 November 2016: 69th Gulf and Caribbean Fisheries Institute Conference, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.
- 08 November 2018: Disaster Risk Reduction, Response and Sustainable Reconstruction: Capacity Building for Equitable Planning and Development, Boston, MSA, USA.
- 08-10 November 2016: Canadian Science Policy Conference, Ottawa, Ontario.
- 09 November 2016: Atlantic Salmon Conservation Foundation and the Canadian Rivers Institute webinar "Salmon and Trout Conservation in the UK" by Janina Gray at 10AM AST. - NEW
- 10 November 2016: NOAA National MPA Center, MPA News, and the EBM Tools Network Webinar "Facilitating Collaborative Public Decisions: A Video-Based Training Tool" by Steven Yaffee at 1PM US EST.
- 15-16 November 2016: Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway Association 2016 Annual Meeting, Norfolk, Virginia.
- 16-19 November 2016: 18th International Conference on Shellfish Restoration, Charleston, South Carolina, USA.
- 17 November 2016: Coastal Matters Speaker Series "Aquatic Research in the Bay of Islands and Humber Valley" by Greg Moore. Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada. - NEW
- 20-23 November 2016: Arabian Coast 2016, 3rd International Conference on Coastal Zone Engineering and Management in the Middle East, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- 22-23 November 2016:
- 23-24 November 2016: Asia-Pacific Dredging Summit, Singapore.
- 24-25 November 2016: Fishermen's Forum 2016. Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada. Please note the change of date. - NEW
- 24-26 November 2016: 1st International River Summit, Global Threat to Water Security and Biodiversity, Allahabad, India.
- 28 November - 1 December 2016: 2016 Forum of Marine Protected Areas in the Mediterranean, Tangiers, Morocco.
- 30 November - 1 December 2016: Conference "Acting on Change: New Approaches and Future Practices in Long-term Digital Preservation". London, United Kingdom. - NEW
- 30 November - 2 December 2016: Sustainable Ocean Summit 2016 “Ocean 2030: Sustainable Development Goals and the Ocean Business Community”, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- 01 December 2016: NOAA National MPA Center, MPA News, and the EBM Tools Network Webinar "Update on Efforts to Establish MPAs in the Southern Ocean" by Mi Ae Kim of NOAA at 1 PM US EST.
- 04-17 December 2016: COP13 of the Convention for Biological Diversity, Cancun, Mexico.
- 05-09 December 2016: 12th ArcticNet Annual Scientific Meeting, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- 06-07 December 2016:
- 2nd International Marine Science Communication Conference, CommOCEAN 2016, Bruges, Belgium.
- 8th Annual European DDI User Conference. Cologne, Germany. - NEW
- 07 December 2016: Atlantic Salmon Conservation Foundation and the Canadian Rivers Institute webinar "Data Analysis with R: Introduction, Basics, and Possibilities" by Lindsay Brin at 3PM AST. - NEW
- 10-15 December 2016: Our Coasts, Our Future, Our Choice, 25th meeting of the Coastal Society and National Summit on Coastal and Estuarine Restoration New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
- 12-13 December 2016: 6th International Conference on Underwater System Technology: Theory and Applications. Penang, Malaysia. September 30, 2016, is the deadline for submitting papers. - NEW
- 12-16 December 2016: American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, California, USA.
- 09 January 2017: Nova Scotia Institute of Science (NSIS) lecture series. "Listening in on the deep: the story that whale sounds can tell" by Hilary Moors-Murphy. Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. - NEW
- 11 January 2017: Atlantic Salmon Conservation Foundation and the Canadian Rivers Institute webinar "Development of River Restoration Planning and Analysis Tool" by Claire Burrows at 10AM AST. - NEW
- 24-25 January 2017: International Conference on Maritime Energy Management (MARENER 2017), Malmö, Sweden. 31 August 2016 is the deadline for submitting papers.
- 01 February 2017: Atlantic Salmon Conservation Foundation and the Canadian Rivers Institute webinar "The incredible recovery of salmon populations in the northern Baltic Sea: learning from the past and facing new research challenges" by Atso Romakkaniemi at 10AM AST. - NEW
- 06-09 February 2016:
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill and Ecosystem Science Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
- Coastal GeoTools 2017, North Charleston, South Carolina, USA. September 26 2016 is the deadline for submitting abstracts. - NEW
- 23 February 2017: 24th Annual Fishermen and Scientists Research Society Conference and Annual General Meeting, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
- 04-06 March 2017: 6th International Conference on Water and Flood Management, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 10-12 March 2017: Science Atlantic Student Conference on Biology, Aquaculture & Fisheries. St Francis Xavier University, Antigonish, Nova Scotia, canada. - NEW
- 22-24 March 2017: Local Climate Solutions for Africa (LOCS4Africa) Water & Climate Congress. South Africa. - NEW
- 04-07 April 2017: Impact Assessment's Contribution to the Global Efforts in Addressing Climate Change, Montreal, Canada. October 31, 2016, is the deadline for submitting abstracts.
- 17-18 May 2017: Blue Cities: Leveraging the untapped potential for water management, Toronto, Ontario.
- 29 May - 2 June 2017:
- IWRA XVIth World Water Congress, Cancun, Mexico.
- FIG Working Week 2017, Surveying the world of tomorrow - from digitalization to augmented reality, Helsinki, Finland. October 1, 2016 is the deadline for submitting peer-review papers; November 15, 2016 is the deadline for submitting non-peer review papers.
- 30 May 2017 - 2 June 2017: 3rd ICES/PICES Early Career Scientist Conference, Busan, Korea. 28 September 2016 is the deadline for submitting abstracts.
- 05-07 June 2017: SeaWeb Seafood Summit. Seattle, Washington, USA. Septmeber 30 2016 is the deadline for submitting proposals. - NEW
- 06-09 June 2017: 3rd European Climate Change Adaptation Conference, Our Climate Ready Future, Glasgow, UK.
- 12-16 June 2017: Coastal Dynamics 2017, Helsing, Denmark. October 17, 2016, is the deadline for submitting abstracts.
- 21-23 June 2017: Coasts and Ports, Cairns, Australia. October 31, 2016, is the deadline for submitting abstracts.
- 25-30 June 2017: International Society of Offshore and Polar Engineers (ISOPE) 27th International Ocean and Polar Engineering Conference. San Francisco, California. October 20, 2016, is the deadline for submitting abstracts. - NEW
- 26-30 June 2017: International Open Repositories Conference, Brisbane, Australia.
- 02-07 July 2017: 15th Islands of the World International Conference “Small Island Communities: Models for Global Survival”, Kangaroo Island, Australia. December 2016 is the deadline for submitting proposals.
- 21-25 August 2017: 7th International Symposium on GIS/Spatial Analyses in Fishery and Aquatic Sciences. Hakodate, Hakkaido, Japan. June 30 2017 is the deadline for submmitting abstracts. - NEW
- 30 August - 1 September 2017: International Interdisciplinary Conference on Digital Cultural Heritage. 27 March 2017 is the deadline for submitting abstracts.
- 04-07 September 2017: Littoral 2017 - The Anthropocene and the littoral - change, naturalness and people, Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- 05-07 September 2017: Coasts, Marine Structures and Breakwaters 2017, Realising the Potential, Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- 12-14 September 2017: EVAN Conference 2017. Southampton, United Kingdom. - NEW
- 25-29 September 2017: iPRES: 20th International Conference on Digital Preservation, Kyoto, Japan.
- 01-03 November 2017: Canadian Science Policy Conference 2017, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 24-28 September 2018: iPRES: 14th International Conference on Digitial Preservation, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- 16-20 September 2019: iPRES: 15th International Conference on Digital Preservation, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 September 2016 20:31