The following is a listing of regional, national and international conferences, seminars, courses and other events of relevance to integrated coastal and ocean management (ICOM). Please click on the name of the event for further details, including a link to the event website. To post an event, please email the ACZISC Secretariat with the details.
Hyperlinks to non-ACZISC websites and events do not imply any official endorsement of or responsibility for the opinions, ideas, data or products presented at these locations, or guarantee the validity of the information provided. The sole purpose of links to non-ACZISC websites is to indicate information available on events and topics related to ICOM.
Choose a month of interest here, or browse the list of events below:
LIST OF EVENTS:
- 08 January 2017: 6th International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering, Science & Management (ICRTESM-17). Chandigarh, India.
- 09 January 2017: Nova Scotia Institute of Science (NSIS) lecture series. "Listening in on the deep: the story that whale sounds can tell" by Hilary Moors-Murphy. Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
09-10 January 2017: Marine Planning Advancement Training in-person course, hosted by the Duke Marine Lab in Beaufort, NC, US.
- 11 January 2017: Atlantic Salmon Conservation Foundation and the Canadian Rivers Institute webinar "Development of River Restoration Planning and Analysis Tool" by Claire Burrows at 10AM AST.
- 15-19 January 2017Marine Pollution by the Mediterranean Sea Research Centre of Israel, University of Haifa, Israel.
18-19 January 2017: The Interagency Ocean Observation Committee (IOOC) hosts the U.S. Underwater Glider Workshop in Mississippi. - NEW
- 24-25 January 2017: International Conference on Maritime Energy Management (MARENER 2017), Malmö, Sweden. 31 August 2016 is the deadline for submitting papers.
24-26 January 2017: The National Council for Science and the Environment (NCSE) hosts the 17th National Conference and Global Forum on Science, Policy, and the Environment in Washington, DC.
25-26 January 2017: Califonia Natural Resources Agency and CalEPA present the California Climate Change Symposium: Science to Safegaurd California, which will be help in Sacramento, California. - NEW
- 01 February 2017: Atlantic Salmon Conservation Foundation and the Canadian Rivers Institute webinar "The incredible recovery of salmon populations in the northern Baltic Sea: learning from the past and facing new research challenges" by Atso Romakkaniemi at 10AM AST.
- 06-09 February 2016:
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill and Ecosystem Science Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
- Coastal GeoTools 2017, North Charleston, South Carolina, USA. September 26 2016 is the deadline for submitting abstracts.
07-08 February 2017: The Geomatics Association of Nova Scotia (GANS) and the Canadian Institute of Geomatics (CIG) Nova Scotia Chapter are co-hosting the "Workshop on High Resolution Mapping Along the Coastal Zone". Centre of Geographic Sciences (COGS), Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia, Canada.
20 and 23 February 2017: IDCC17 Workshop on Technical Appraisal of Complex Digital Objects in Evolving Environments. Edinburgh, Scotland.
22-24 February 2017:
- 23 February 2017:
- 24th Annual Fishermen and Scientists Research Society Conference and Annual General Meeting, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
26 February-03 March 2017: ASLO 2017 Aquatic Sciences Meeting, themed “From the Mountains to the Sea”, hosted in Honolulu, Hawaii, US by the Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography.
- 04-06 March 2017: 6th International Conference on Water and Flood Management, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 06 March 2017: MEOPAR, in partnership with Polar Knowledge Canada and the Arctic Research Foundation, is accepting research proposals for the Year of Polar Prediction.
- 10-12 March 2017: Science Atlantic Student Conference on Biology, Aquaculture & Fisheries. St Francis Xavier University, Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.
15-16 March 2017: The 4th Oxford Symposium on Population, Migration, and the Environment, with Keynote speaker: Robert Rowthorn, Emeritus Professor of Economics at University of Cambridge and Research Fellow at University of Oxford, held in Oxford, UK. - NEW
- 22-24 March 2017: Local Climate Solutions for Africa (LOCS4Africa) Water & Climate Congress. South Africa.
- 30-31 March 2017: Conference Series LLC hosts the 5th Euro Global Summit on Aquaculture & Fisheries (Aqua Europe 2017). Madrid, Spain.
03-06 April 2017: Digital Earth Symposium hosts the 10th International Symposium on Digital Earth (ISDE10) & Locate17 in Sydney, Australia.
- 04-07 April 2017: Impact Assessment's Contribution to the Global Efforts in Addressing Climate Change, Montreal, Canada.
20-28 April 2017: Training of Trainers workshop, hosted by Blue Solutions and the Mami Wata Project. Location TBA.
07-11 May 2017: Society of Ecotoxicology and Chemistry (SETAC) Europe 27th Annual Meeting in Brussels, Belgium.
- 17-18 May 2017: Blue Cities: Leveraging the untapped potential for water management, Toronto, Ontario.
- 17-19 May 2017: Atlantic Canada Coastal And Estuarine Science Society (ACCESS) hosts the ACCESS 2017 Conference. Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
28 May-02 June 2017: The 79th FIG Working Week hosted in Helsinki, Finland. The overall theme this year is “Surveying the world of tomorrow – From digitalisation to augmented reality”
- 29 May - 2 June 2017:
- 30 May 2017 - 2 June 2017: 3rd ICES/PICES Early Career Scientist Conference, Busan, Korea.
- 05-07 June 2017: SeaWeb Seafood Summit. Seattle, Washington, USA. Septmeber 30 2016 is the deadline for submitting proposals.
05-09 June 2017: High-Level UN Conference to Support the Implementation of SDG 14 (UN Oceans Conference), in New York City, US.
- 06-09 June 2017: 3rd European Climate Change Adaptation Conference, Our Climate Ready Future, Glasgow, UK.
- 12-16 June 2017: Coastal Dynamics 2017, Helsing, Denmark. October 17, 2016, is the deadline for submitting abstracts.
- 21-23 June 2017: Coasts and Ports, Cairns, Australia. October 31, 2016, is the deadline for submitting abstracts.
- 25-30 June 2017: International Society of Offshore and Polar Engineers (ISOPE) 27th International Ocean and Polar Engineering Conference. San Francisco, California. October 20, 2016, is the deadline for submitting abstracts.
- 26-30 June 2017: International Open Repositories Conference, Brisbane, Australia.
27–28 June 2017: Canadian Minister of Environment and Climate Change Catherine McKenna will host her counterparts from Mexico and the United States in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, for the annual Regular Session of the Council of the Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC). Please NOTE: The Council Session on June 28 will include a public session headed by the three environment ministers. It is open to the public and will be webcast live at http://www.cec.org/webcast. Registration opens in March, 2017. - NEW
- 02-07 July 2017: 15th Islands of the World International Conference “Small Island Communities: Models for Global Survival”, Kangaroo Island, Australia. December 2016 is the deadline for submitting proposals.
05-07 July 2017: Too Big To Ignore (TBTI) and MARE present ‘People and the Sea IX’ Conference. Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- 10 July 2017: Climate and Ocean: Variability, Predictability and Change (CLIVAR) hosts the Conference on Regional Sea-level Changes and Coastal Impacts. New York, USA.
14 July 2017: Maine Sea Grant presents the Beaches Conference: Our Maine and New Hampshire Beaches and Coast. Maine, USA.
29-31 July 2017: 13th International Conference on Natural Computation, Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (ICNC-FSKD 2017). Guilin, China.
- 21-25 August 2017: 7th International Symposium on GIS/Spatial Analyses in Fishery and Aquatic Sciences. Hakodate, Hakkaido, Japan. June 30 2017 is the deadline for submmitting abstracts.
- 30 August - 1 September 2017: International Interdisciplinary Conference on Digital Cultural Heritage. 27 March 2017 is the deadline for submitting abstracts.
- 04-07 September 2017: Littoral 2017 - The Anthropocene and the littoral - change, naturalness and people, Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- 05-07 September 2017: Coasts, Marine Structures and Breakwaters 2017, Realising the Potential, Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- 12-14 September 2017: EVAN Conference 2017. Southampton, United Kingdom.
- 25-29 September 2017: iPRES: 20th International Conference on Digital Preservation, Kyoto, Japan.
05-06 October 2017: Our Ocean Conference 2017, in Malta, Europe. - NEW
- 01-03 November 2017: Canadian Science Policy Conference 2017, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 24-28 September 2018: iPRES: 14th International Conference on Digitial Preservation, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- 16-20 September 2019: iPRES: 15th International Conference on Digital Preservation, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Last Updated on Monday, 16 January 2017 20:38