The following is a listing of regional, national and international conferences, seminars, courses and other events of relevance to integrated coastal and ocean management (ICOM). Please click on the name of the event for further details, including a link to the event website. To post an event, please email the ACZISC Secretariat with the details.
Hyperlinks to non-ACZISC websites and events do not imply any official endorsement of or responsibility for the opinions, ideas, data or products presented at these locations, or guarantee the validity of the information provided. The sole purpose of links to non-ACZISC websites is to indicate information available on events and topics related to ICOM.
Choose a month of interest here, or browse the list of events below:
LIST OF EVENTS:
- 02-04 November 2016: International Coral Reef Initiative: General Assembly, Paris, France.
- 03 November 2016:
- Coastal Matters Speaker Series "Deep-marine Mineral Resources and the Inevitable: Future of Seafloor Mining" by John Jamieson. Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada. - NEW
- Spirit of Place, Nova Scotia Nature Trust 19th Annual Dinner and Auction, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 03-04 November 2016: 2016 Ocean Literacy Summit, Portland, Maine.
- 04 November 2016Legal and Policy Approaches to Reduce Marine Debris in New England, Bristol, Rhode Island.
- 04-06 November 2016: BIT’s 5th Annual World Congress of Ocean-2016, Qingdao, China.
- 08-10 November 2016: 8th Canadian Science Policy Conference, Ottawa, Canada., Paris, France.
- 07-09 November 2016: Hazus User Conference, Achieving Disaster Resilience through Hazus Innovation, Charleston, South Carolina, USA.
- 07-10 November 2016: North Sea Open Science Conference, Oostende, Belgium.
- 07-11 November 2016: 69th Gulf and Caribbean Fisheries Institute Conference, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.
- 08 November 2018: Disaster Risk Reduction, Response and Sustainable Reconstruction: Capacity Building for Equitable Planning and Development, Boston, MSA, USA.
- 08-10 November 2016: Canadian Science Policy Conference, Ottawa, Ontario.
- 09 November 2016: Atlantic Salmon Conservation Foundation and the Canadian Rivers Institute webinar "Salmon and Trout Conservation in the UK" by Janina Gray at 10AM AST. - NEW
- 10 November 2016:
- NOAA National MPA Center, MPA News, and the EBM Tools Network Webinar "Facilitating Collaborative Public Decisions: A Video-Based Training Tool" by Steven Yaffee at 1PM US EST.
- Bay of Fundy Ecosystem Partnership (BoFEP) annual general meeting with special guest Dr. Al Hanson presenting "100 years of migratory bird conservation; reflections on the Bay of Fundy" at 1:30-4:00PM AST at Mount Alison Universty, Sackville, NB. - NEW
- 15-16 November 2016: Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway Association 2016 Annual Meeting, Norfolk, Virginia.
- 16-17 November 2016: Workshop: Introduction to R for Ecological Data Analysis, New Brunswick, Canada. - NEW
- 16-19 November 2016: 18th International Conference on Shellfish Restoration, Charleston, South Carolina, USA.
- 17 November 2016: Coastal Matters Speaker Series "Aquatic Research in the Bay of Islands and Humber Valley" by Greg Moore. Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada. - NEW
- 20-23 November 2016: Arabian Coast 2016, 3rd International Conference on Coastal Zone Engineering and Management in the Middle East, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- 22-23 November 2016:
- 23-24 November 2016: Asia-Pacific Dredging Summit, Singapore.
- 24-25 November 2016: Fishermen's Forum 2016. Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada. Please note the change of date. - NEW
- 25 November 2016Blue Eco Forum: Dialogues, workshops and festival towards the sustainability of the Mediterranean Sea, Barcelona, Spain. - NEW
- 24-26 November 2016: 1st International River Summit, Global Threat to Water Security and Biodiversity, Allahabad, India.
- 28 November - 1 December 2016: 2016 Forum of Marine Protected Areas in the Mediterranean, Tangiers, Morocco.
- 30 November - 1 December 2016: Conference "Acting on Change: New Approaches and Future Practices in Long-term Digital Preservation". London, United Kingdom. - NEW
- 30 November - 2 December 2016: Sustainable Ocean Summit 2016 “Ocean 2030: Sustainable Development Goals and the Ocean Business Community”, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- 01 December 2016: NOAA National MPA Center, MPA News, and the EBM Tools Network Webinar "Update on Efforts to Establish MPAs in the Southern Ocean" by Mi Ae Kim of NOAA at 1 PM US EST.
- 04-17 December 2016: COP13 of the Convention for Biological Diversity, Cancun, Mexico.
- 05 December 2016Open Government for Climate Action: Global Gathering of the Access Initiative Network, Paris, France. - NEW
- 05-09 December 2016: 12th ArcticNet Annual Scientific Meeting, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- 05-09 December 2016ACES 2016: A Community on Ecosystem Services, Jacksonville, Florida. - NEW
- 06-07 December 2016:
- 2nd International Marine Science Communication Conference, CommOCEAN 2016, Bruges, Belgium.
- 8th Annual European DDI User Conference. Cologne, Germany. - NEW
- 07 December 2016: Atlantic Salmon Conservation Foundation and the Canadian Rivers Institute webinar "Data Analysis with R: Introduction, Basics, and Possibilities" by Lindsay Brin at 3PM AST. - NEW
- 08 December 2016, 1 PM ESTDemonstrating Relevance: Applying Lessons on Management Effectiveness at Grays Reef National Marine Sanctuary by Sarah Fangman of NOAA. Webinar co-sponsored by the NOAA National MPA Center, MPA News, and the EBM Tools Network (co-coordinated by NatureServe and OpenChannels.org). - NEW
- 08-09 December 2016Mapping our watersheds: Introducing GIS tools for freshwater assessment and management, Fredericton, New Brunswick. - NEW
- 10-15 December 2016: Our Coasts, Our Future, Our Choice, 25th meeting of the Coastal Society and National Summit on Coastal and Estuarine Restoration New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
- 12-13 December 2016: 6th International Conference on Underwater System Technology: Theory and Applications. Penang, Malaysia. September 30, 2016, is the deadline for submitting papers. - NEW
- 12-16 December 2016: American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, California, USA.
- 09 January 2017: Nova Scotia Institute of Science (NSIS) lecture series. "Listening in on the deep: the story that whale sounds can tell" by Hilary Moors-Murphy. Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. - NEW
- 11 January 2017: Atlantic Salmon Conservation Foundation and the Canadian Rivers Institute webinar "Development of River Restoration Planning and Analysis Tool" by Claire Burrows at 10AM AST. - NEW
- 15-19 January 2017Marine Pollution by the Mediterranean Sea Research Centre of Israel, University of Haifa, Israel. - NEW
- 24-25 January 2017: International Conference on Maritime Energy Management (MARENER 2017), Malmö, Sweden. 31 August 2016 is the deadline for submitting papers.
- 01 February 2017: Atlantic Salmon Conservation Foundation and the Canadian Rivers Institute webinar "The incredible recovery of salmon populations in the northern Baltic Sea: learning from the past and facing new research challenges" by Atso Romakkaniemi at 10AM AST. - NEW
- 06-09 February 2016:
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill and Ecosystem Science Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
- Coastal GeoTools 2017, North Charleston, South Carolina, USA. September 26 2016 is the deadline for submitting abstracts. - NEW
- 23 February 2017: 24th Annual Fishermen and Scientists Research Society Conference and Annual General Meeting, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
- 04-06 March 2017: 6th International Conference on Water and Flood Management, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 10-12 March 2017: Science Atlantic Student Conference on Biology, Aquaculture & Fisheries. St Francis Xavier University, Antigonish, Nova Scotia, canada. - NEW
- 22-24 March 2017: Local Climate Solutions for Africa (LOCS4Africa) Water & Climate Congress. South Africa. - NEW
- 04-07 April 2017: Impact Assessment's Contribution to the Global Efforts in Addressing Climate Change, Montreal, Canada. October 31, 2016, is the deadline for submitting abstracts.
- 17-18 May 2017: Blue Cities: Leveraging the untapped potential for water management, Toronto, Ontario.
- 29 May - 2 June 2017:
- IWRA XVIth World Water Congress, Cancun, Mexico.
- FIG Working Week 2017, Surveying the world of tomorrow - from digitalization to augmented reality, Helsinki, Finland. October 1, 2016 is the deadline for submitting peer-review papers; November 15, 2016 is the deadline for submitting non-peer review papers.
- 30 May 2017 - 2 June 2017: 3rd ICES/PICES Early Career Scientist Conference, Busan, Korea. 28 September 2016 is the deadline for submitting abstracts.
- 05-07 June 2017: SeaWeb Seafood Summit. Seattle, Washington, USA. Septmeber 30 2016 is the deadline for submitting proposals. - NEW
- 06-09 June 2017: 3rd European Climate Change Adaptation Conference, Our Climate Ready Future, Glasgow, UK.
- 12-16 June 2017: Coastal Dynamics 2017, Helsing, Denmark. October 17, 2016, is the deadline for submitting abstracts.
- 21-23 June 2017: Coasts and Ports, Cairns, Australia. October 31, 2016, is the deadline for submitting abstracts.
- 25-30 June 2017: International Society of Offshore and Polar Engineers (ISOPE) 27th International Ocean and Polar Engineering Conference. San Francisco, California. October 20, 2016, is the deadline for submitting abstracts. - NEW
- 26-30 June 2017: International Open Repositories Conference, Brisbane, Australia.
- 02-07 July 2017: 15th Islands of the World International Conference “Small Island Communities: Models for Global Survival”, Kangaroo Island, Australia. December 2016 is the deadline for submitting proposals.
- 21-25 August 2017: 7th International Symposium on GIS/Spatial Analyses in Fishery and Aquatic Sciences. Hakodate, Hakkaido, Japan. June 30 2017 is the deadline for submmitting abstracts. - NEW
- 30 August - 1 September 2017: International Interdisciplinary Conference on Digital Cultural Heritage. 27 March 2017 is the deadline for submitting abstracts.
- 04-07 September 2017: Littoral 2017 - The Anthropocene and the littoral - change, naturalness and people, Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- 05-07 September 2017: Coasts, Marine Structures and Breakwaters 2017, Realising the Potential, Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- 12-14 September 2017: EVAN Conference 2017. Southampton, United Kingdom. - NEW
- 25-29 September 2017: iPRES: 20th International Conference on Digital Preservation, Kyoto, Japan.
- 01-03 November 2017: Canadian Science Policy Conference 2017, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 24-28 September 2018: iPRES: 14th International Conference on Digitial Preservation, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- 16-20 September 2019: iPRES: 15th International Conference on Digital Preservation, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Last Updated on Thursday, 03 November 2016 20:26