World Oceans Day (WOD) 2016 - Events in Atlantic Canada
Photos: J Hackett
- 1-5 June 2016: Bay of Fundy Seafood Week, St. Andrews, NB.
- 3 June 2016, 10am-3pm: Ocean + You - Oceans Day Exhibit, Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 2-5 June 2016: Aros na Mara - World Oceans Day Festival, Iona, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
- 4 June 2016, 10:00am-3:00pm: 7th Annual World Oceans Day Family Event, Fisheries and Marine Institute, 155 Ridge Rd., St. John's, Newfoundland.
- 4 June 2016, 10:00am-12:00pm: Fogo Island Wide Beach Clean-up.
- 4 June 2016, 1:00pm-4:00pm: World Oceans Day Event, Fogo Island Marine Interpretation Centre.
- 4 June 2016, 10:00am-2:00pm: One Big Ocean Connecting Us All - A Halifax 100 In 1 Day Event, Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Waterfront Boardwalk.
- 4 June 2016, 10:00am-3:00pm: Art for the Ocean - A Halifax 100 in 1 Day Event, Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Waterfront Boardwalk.
- 4 June 2016, 1:00pm-8:30pm: White Point Beach Resort: Celebrating the Oceans, 75 White Point Beach Resort Rd, White Point, Nova Scotia.
- 5 June 2016, 4:30pm-5:30pm: Yoga by the Sea, Point Pleasant Park, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 5 June 2016, 1:00pm-4:00pm: Tim Horton Children's Camp Open House, 300 Tim Horton Children's Camp Rd., Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia.
- 5 June 2016, 9:30am-4:30pm: McNabs Island Beach Clean Up.
- 5 June 2016: World Oceans Day, Huntsman Fundy Discovery Aquarium, 1 Lower Campus Road, St. Andrews, New Brunswick.
- 6 June 2016, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Dine with enVie: A Tribute to the Sea, 5775 Charles St, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 6 June 2016, 7:30pm: Ocean Climate Change and Acidification: Global-Scale Human Impacts on the Sea with Scott Doney, Senior Scientist at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 7-12 June 2016: Ocean Literacy Conference 2016 'Ocean Optimism', Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 8 June 2016, 6:30pm-8pm: NFB Film Club: Shorts for World Oceans Day with Boris Worm, Paul O’Regan Hall, Halifax Central Library, Nova Scotia.
- 8 June 2016, 6:30pm-8:00pm: Twillingate Beach Market Beach Clean Up, Twillingate , Newfoundland.
- 8 June 2016: 2016 Elisabeth Mann Borgese Ocean Lecture, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 8 June 2016: H20- Home to Overseas Conference and Industry Showcase, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- 8 June 2016: Oceans Gala Dinner, with keynote speaker Dr. James Bellingham, Holiday Inn Harbourview 101 Wyse Road Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
- 8 June 2016, 6:30pm-8:30pm: Sustainable Seafood Cooking Class, at The Flying Apron, 3 Summerville Wharf Rd., Nova Scotia.
- 8 June 2016: World Ocean Day at the New Brunswick Aquarium and Marine Centre, 100, rue de l'Aquarium, Shippagan, New Brunswick.
- 8 June 2016: Discovery Centre - World Oceans Day, 1593 Barrington St, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 8-10 June 2016: 11th BoFEP Bay of Fundy Science Workshop “Fundy in Flux: Challenges for Science, Policy and Society”, Fredericton, New Brunswick.
- 10 June 2016, 11:00am-12:00pm: Skilled Futures in Oceans presented by Skills Canada - Nova Scotia, McCain Arts & Social Sciences Building (meet in Front Lobby), 6135 University Ave, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 10 June 2016, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Art Exhibtion: "Sea Level" by Katharine Burns, Argyle Fine Art Gallery, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 11 June 2016, 11:00am-1:00pm: 3rd Annual World Oceans Day Event hosted by the St. Francis Xavier University Biology Department.
- 12 June 2016, 10:00am-11:00am: Yoga by the Sea, 1641 Fairfield Rd, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 12 June 2016, 10:00am-1:00pm: Lawrencetown Beach Clean Up, Nova Scotia.
Outside the Region:
-8 June 2016: Canada’s Ocean Summit, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
-12-14 June 2015: Coastal Zone Canada 2016 Conference, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Event Listing Links:
- Find resources and ideas to help you Celebrate World Oceans Day on June 8th 2015 and event listings at http://www.worldoceansday.org.
- Events listed by Province: http://www.worldoceansday.ca
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada World Oceans Day events page: http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/oceans/oceansday-journeedesoceans/index-eng.html
Last Updated on Thursday, 09 June 2016 17:34