State of the Gulf of Maine
The State of the Gulf of Maine Report is a modular document made up of a context document and a series of theme or issue papers.
The context document or introduction is called The Gulf of the Maine in Context and provides an introduction to the natural and socio-economic environment of the Gulf of Maine.
The theme papers are based on important issues within the Gulf of Maine based on priority areas identified by the Gulf of Maine Council on the Marine Environment. The structure of the papers follows the driving forces-pressure-state-impacts-response (DPSIR) framework.
Theme papers available for download include:
- The Gulf of the Maine in Context
- Climate Change and its Effects on Humans
- Climate Change and its Effects on Ecosystems, Habitats and Biota
- Microbial Pathogens and Biotoxins
- Toxic Chemical Contaminants
- Toxic Chemical Contaminants Review
- Coastal Ecosystems and Habitats
- Offshore Ecosystems and Habitats
- Marine Invasive Species
- Species at Risk
- Emerging Issues
- Commercial Fisheries
- Coastal Land Use and Development
- Watershed Status